Friday, June 11, 2010

Welcome


Welcome to my blog. This is going to be a record about re-training my new horse and the insights I derive throughout the process.

The Star:
Sam is 8-year-old Thoroughbred off the racetrack that I recently rescued. When I found him, he was several hundred pounds underweight and completely covered in rain rot. He also had a very disdainful attitude toward people. He has been off the track for two years and my goal is to transform him into an all around riding horse and companion.



Supporting Cast:
This blog may also occasionally feature articles about my other horse, Birdie, though the focus will be on Sam. Birdie is a 3-year-old Quarter Horse that I am planning to start from scratch. She will be a sales project and I hope to bring her along and find her a good home.

I may occasionally mention my riding friends because they are an integral part of my experiences with horses. I will do my best to seize every possible opportunity to embarrass them.

I will do my best to avoid being boring...but I think Sam provide ample opportunity to share interesting stories.

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment