Sunday, June 13, 2010

Pogo Stick


Sam has his moments of calm and he has his moments of zany and during the moments of zany it feels like I am riding a pogo stick. He gets all wound up and starts prancing around like the ground is hot lava. Recently, during one such ride, I had a revelation* of sorts. As we were doing something that roughly approximated the lyrics from that House of Pain song I realized, "being tense is not going to keep me on this horse." In fact, it would probably contribute to the launching effect that would surely take place if he really decided to act like a nut. As soon as I relaxed (really relaxed, not the faking it kind that I had been doing) he settled right down. My tenseness did not make him zany (quite the other way around), but it definitely kept him from returning to the realm of sanity.


*Note: My revelations are almost never novel ideas. They are different ways of thinking about things I already know but sometimes forget.

1 comment:

  1. I have found so many interesting thing in your blog and I really love that. Tutoring at World Equestrian Center Ocala Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete