Sunday, June 13, 2010

The Real Work Begins...

As soon as Sam was home and healthy (a lengthy process), it was time for him to start his new life as a companion and riding horse. He initially made a very smooth transition...until he realized that his life of standing around and doing nothing was truly over. As mentioned in an earlier post I know he has a brain and I know that he is not afraid of things, so it is easy to determine when he is acting up and acting out. He is a little bit bossy and he is pretty confident that his way of doing everything is perfectly fine and there is no good reason to change. I am actually happy he has that attitude. I enjoy an independent horse who can think for himself because I don't want him to be my robot slave. In the end we will have a stronger bond based on mutual respect and understanding. Of course, in the meantime, he has to get it through his brain that it's time to work hard and learn some important new skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment